Monday, January 21, 2008

A Storm's A Brewin'

I know I should be worried, but right now I'm just not. I can't explain it. I feel like the disciples on the boat with Jesus, and while he was asleep, a great storm came and the disciples feared for their very lives.

There is a storm going on all around me. No money. No Job. No direction. And some days I freak out like the disciples and cry out to God: "Master! Master! I'm going to drown!", hanging on for dear life. And other days, like today, I'm just kinda here. I don't feel peaceful. But I know that it's out of my control. I can't force people to hire me. I can't force money to fall into my lap. I can't force anything. God knows what's going on. He is not asleep. He knows.

"Where is your faith?"
Luke 8:25a

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:31 PM

    I was listening to Tony Evans the other night and he was talking about why it is when we are going through "tests" in life, that it seems God is silent. He likened it to the tests you take in school. God has done all the talking and teaching (and, after all, it is an OPEN BOOK test - my observation ;-)) and now that you are in the midst of the storm (test), He is silent so that you can concentrate on what He has been trying to teach you about trusting Him.

    He also went on to say that if we just sit there and do nothing but panic or if we fail the test by relying on ourselves and not learning from the past, then we are destined to re-take the test. - I say this with myself in mind moreso.

    So have heart! As you well know, Jesus is not sleeping through your storm. He just wants to know how much you've learned about trusting Him!

    There's a song from a few years ago that basically says, "Sometimes He calms the storm. Other times He calms His child's heart"

    He loves you and so do I.

    ~Mom
    <>< <>< <><

    ReplyDelete