Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Game

There's nothing like sitting in a pizza shop waiting for them to make the pizza and a stranger comes in for a sec, then leaves, then comes back 30 secs later, like a double take, and he says, "Hey, what's your name?

I reply "Why...?"

He says "Well, I just want to know your name?"

Hmm. So I reply "Yeah. But why?" In my mind, he's either selling something or trying to hit on me. Let's see.

He smiles and tries a new tactic whilst leaning on the counter and trying to look cool. "I just wanna know. Um, are you seeing anyone?"

Ah, so he's hitting on me and that was the best pick up line that he could do. Ha!

While shaking my head I reply: "Nah, man. I'm not really looking for a relationship right now so..." And I give him one of my Jim from "the Office" looks clearly showing that there's no hope in further communication while still appearing friendly.

It worked and eventually he left.

I don't know. Do guys generally think that talking to a girl in a random place will actually get them a date? I have no idea of his faith, of his character, whether he's a jerk or a nice guy, what he's like with others..etc. I'm not at a bar. I'm not at a club. Not under the influence of anything so did he really think his "charm" alone would work? Especially on me, who would rather know someone first, probably with a group of friends and not one on one.

Haha! SO nice to be back home. Oh what interesting things happen in my daily life!

No comments:

Post a Comment