Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Case of the Missing Student



One of my students was missing today. Well, not actually, 'missing,' per se. Everyone else knew where she was. But her books and everything were gone as though she never existed. I asked the other students where she was and in very broken English and cute little voices they told me that she was not coming back. I went to my co-teacher and was told that it was sudden, but that everyone else knew she was leaving at the end of the month and that she'd just left one week earlier than they thought. It's funny how everyone discussed it, yet failed to tell me, her teacher. 

Sigh. 

I remember, last Friday, when this student told me that she would be gone on Monday and Tuesday. In hindsight, she was probably trying to tell me that she was leaving. I just didn't understand at the time. 

Aww...

I'm sad to lose any of my students. This student in particular was one of my lowest level students when we first began and she improved so much in just a few months. Well, I hope that things go well for her. 

Life as a teacher.
Life as an expat.

You are always having to say goodbye...




No comments:

Post a Comment