Thursday, November 16, 2006

Whew!

I like how I just read three amazing posts from friends and decided that I miss art. It's not that I don't do any. It's more that I just don't have the time and therefore my artistic endeavors have been more of the mental conjuring type than the paint-on-canvas, photoshop, or pencil-to-paper kind. My heart is heavy with this realization of backburning my art. Is life so busy that I can't place a pen to a piece of paper? And since art is one way I worship my Creator...

Mentally, Spiritually, and often Physically I feel spent. Some days I wonder why I bother getting out of bed. It's not depression. It's a realization that life is changing so fast. I can't seem to keep up with it and therefore I would rather spend my days in bed, either in quiet slumber full of dreams of the fantastical kind, or curled up with a good book and a chai latte that's never empty, so that I can drown my thoughts into a different world, one that doesn't seem so "adult life-ish". One that pauses everything so that things can stay just the way they are right now.

God help me...



...and I'm okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment