Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mindless Thoughts and Thinkings

"Give all your worries and cares to God for he cares about what happens to you." 1 Peter 5:7

I've been trying to live daily with this verse in my heart. It's one of my favorite verses in the Bible and so important for me to remember. For some odd reason, I seem to have forgotten it for the past two years, but God brought it before me again. Through a song on an old CD that I had by Michelle Tumes. It's funny how he uses things. Hmm.

I'm missing home a lot. Family. Friends. Fried Chicken and greens. The ease of things, or so I imagine. Being far away from the familiar tends to lead to false views of what the familiar was like. Hmm...

Tiana and I will be making crafts tomorrow for our upcoming Thanksgiving Day. Construction paper cut-outs of pumpkins, leaves, and Turkeys. Exciting! Although it's Spring in New Zealand, we shall be celebrating the bright fall of Ohio for the next week. Since it's not celebrated in New Zealand, we're pretty much on our own. We had toyed with the idea of having people over and having a fun hang-out and American holiday day with friends, but there's a lot going on this week (Outreach night) and next week( Art show, Tiana's B-day, Induction into our new jobs) that we'll just chill on our own and make a small feast and praise God.

After thanksgiving, we'll put up Christmas decorations, though you will be surprised to know that some people here have had theirs up since October. Good thing we'll be working at the Warehouse (like walmart). We can get discounts on decorations!

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment