Sunday, December 16, 2007

Arrrggghhhh! and FYI #9 Summertime

I was really missing home again today. It's crazy, but when I really thought about it, I realized that I've been here in New Zealand for 7 1/2 months! I'm adjusted here, and I like the December summer, but it doesn't beat family, and Cleveland's snow storms, and lots of Christmas lights, and eggnog, and baking cookies without having to worry about humidity, and New Years Parties with friends. Though I must admit that having a picnic at the Hamilton Gardens with friends after church was nice. Strawberries in December! Go figure. Baking cookies was also good, though it was so warm that we had to keep sticking the cookie dough in the fridge so we could cut the shapes out. The butter in the dough must have kept melting or something. And ordering Korean food was great!!! Overall, my SUnday with friends was just what I needed.

Arrrgghhhh!!!

I'm both comfortable here in New Zealand and in America!! People keep asking me if I'll stay. And others are asking when I'll come home. I don't know! If I can't find a job soon, I'll be coming home sooner, though I don't forsee that right now. Otherwise, my visa expires in 4 1/2 months. So...yeah. Life without New Zealand...Life without America...Why must I choose?


FYI #9 Summertime

Summertime in New Zealand is December thru February. This means beaches, BBQ's, sunny skies, warmth, strawberries, picnics, flowers, fishing, cricket, touch rugby, walks, and summer fun during the Holidays.

Just thought you should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment