Friday, May 16, 2008

Homesickness?!

Hey, so I think I've figured out why I've been so down lately - besides the whole re-entry thing that happens when you're away for a long time.

I'm not home yet. I'm in America, yes. But not home yet.

I consider New Zealand my home. And I also consider Ohio my home. 
Right now I'm in South Carolina. You do the math.

When I'm in Hamilton, New Zealand- I miss Cleveland, Ohio. When I'm in Cleveland, Ohio - I miss Hamilton, New Zealand. When I'm in South Carolina - I miss Hamilton AND Cleveland. That's double the amount of missings!!!

I love being with my brother and sister in law and nephew, but I'm used to seeing them like once a year and having some kind of cash saved up to do things instead of mooching off of them. But I've seen my friends and church family in NZ rather constantly my whole year there. And my friends and family in Ohio even longer. And right now I'm not with any of them. Weird.

I'm homesick for 2 places!!!!

SO...I need to either go back home to NZ or go home to Ohio. None of this "in between" stuff! 

If I don't go to one of my homes real soon, I'm going to go crazy! Hopefully I can last until Wednesday when I leave!

Oh yeah, and as of this weekend I will have been living out of a suitcase for a whole month. When we moved out of our flat in Hamilton, everything remained packed during our house sitting time. So, yes, all my clothes are wrinkled. Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment