Monday, May 12, 2008

Okay-ish-ness

I'm doing okay. Trying to shake this depression that came over me last week. There's just missing a place, and then there's depression. I won't get in to that. God's working on me. I'm better. 

I've looked up a lot of stuff about how long I can stay in NZ since I can't do a working holiday again. Looks to be about 3 months if  just did a normal holiday visa. Everything else requires a lot more that doesn't look like a realistic possibility for me and I'm not moving there permanently. It'll just be me saving up. I'm still going to try to get an artist grant, but those are usually for a month or so and don;t give out much. Art fellowships and sponsorships which are more serious income require more work than 7 months will allow, and are for professional artists who have been around for awhile...say 30 yrs in doing art professionally. Ha! So, we'll see. Maybe  won't go back until September. Definitely don't want to go back during NZ's winter or during the V8s in April if I can help it!

So, I won't look into that much more right now.

I have loved spending time with my nephew, Alex. He is such a good baby. 14 months is a fun age. He can walk though he falls down a lot. He loves to smile and laugh. He speaks his own baby-ish language and can understand a lot from us. He's developing his imagination. He's pretty good about sleeping and eating. And he's soooooo cute!!! This past weekend, My bro and sis in law abandoned us with their child so they could speak the weekend away in Charlotte. (Their home is just on the border of South Carolina and North Carolina.) We actually offered to give them a break and take care of Alex and they were very excited. It's been so nice! They come back today.

I've been searching for art jobs in Cleveland. Cleveland.com. Monster.com. Indeed.com. Yahoo hotjobs. etc. Even though I'm not home yet, I still want to be searching early. I fly home on May 21st. I'll probably try to get a temp job right away to pay for some immediate bills and to get my art website up and running properly. I will also be going full on into my art. Painting will commence as soon as I return to Cleveland and get my easel from my other bro. Also, I have tons of art to sell and tons of amazing photography to print and sell. I'll be visiting galleries and coffee shops and wherever else to sell my art I will also see if I can hold a show somewhere. I need to make up new business cards and figure out set prices for my work, update my artist statement, etc, etc, etc. Busy busy. Any job I get on the side, I will try to keep it as art related as possible. I'll be talking to some artists as soon as I get home. My grandma has been meeting some artists and telling them about me and now I have "appointments" to go see them and tell them about NZ and get some connections, y'know? I'm starting to get real excited. 

Maybe this is part of the reason I'm feeling better. Trusting God with future plans and just following him in what he wants me to do. He is so amazing!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment