Wednesday, September 13, 2006

23 years ago

23 years ago from today was one of the best days in the history of human life. Really.


Maybe not so much, but I like it.


Happy Birthday to me, right?


What's special about 23?
My sister just informed me that I am at the rare age in which the two numbers that represent my age are in numerical order. 2-3. This only happens once in a decade of our lives. (1-2 for 12, 2-3 for 23, 3-4 for 34, etc)
I'm honored. See.

23 doesn't feel any different.

Don't you ever feel like you should wake up on your birthday and instantly feel different. It's been a whole year since the last one, why not?

In my opinion, birthdays shouldn't be selfish holidays, just good days to spend with family, and/or relax and reflect on the year past (much more than New Years when it's a fad to do so), and to praise God for another year to serve Him.

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CARA....HAPPY BITRHDAY TO YOU!

    After writing them out. Don't the words to this song seem a little...cheesy?

    Sorry I'll miss most of your Birthday today but i'm exctied that God has given me 23 years with a wonderful sister. Luv Ya!

    -Tiana

    PS - There is a day in the history of human life that is better than this day 23 years ago.
    And that's November 23 twenty-five years ago!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:13 PM

    Happy Birthday Cara.

    I went to see the "Color Purple"

    and I thought about you. I love

    you very, very much.

    ReplyDelete