Saturday, September 02, 2006

Life is vast, yet so finite.

Upon reading a blog entry of someone in whom I don't know, but have significant connections with, I got to thinking...

There are so many things in this world to do, places to go, people to see, etc.

And yet, I can't do everything, go everywhere or see all of the people. Nor do I want to I suppose, but I want to know how everyone else's' life is going. I don't mean to get all up in their business, but, under all the pretenses and fakeness, under every mask and under the skin, into every thought and fear, into the very heart of our beings; Are we all thinking the same thing?

How much time do I have left?

And then there's the:
Do I want to impact this world in some special way? Do I want to fade into the background? After this life's over, then what?

As a Christian I suppose I have part of an answer to one of the questions, but it is both scary and intriguing to think about.

Deep down in the hearts of every star and every slave, every rich man and every poor beggar, from the highest to the lowliest and everything in between, we must have this common question and a common need for someone/thing to worship.

How much time do I have left?

What am I doing? Am I making a difference in the lives of people around me? I have come in contact with thousands and thousands of people in my life. Have I made a good impact on any of their lives? Do many of those thousand even remember who I am or some good thing that has rubbed off on them if they don't remember me specifically?

And then I think of how amazing God is. I suppose that I shouldn't want anything of myself to rub off on anyone. I'm rotten through and through. But God, I want Him to shine so brightly through me in all that I do, not for my own glory, but for His.

And then I got to thinking some more.

God has been around a lot longer than I have. He has always been here. For every single being ever to exist, He has been there for them, us.

And that's a very big and vast thought.

So what am I doing to glorify Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment