Friday, September 15, 2006

The problem with humanity...

...Is dissatisfaction and greed. God provides for us and we want more.

What's the deal with that anyway?

I'll tell you. Our sinful hearts want things to go our way.

Case and point-

I prayed for a job at Barnes & Nobles months ago.
I come across another job that seems pretty nifty (i don't ever use that word).
All of a sudden that job looks real good.
God provides a job for me at Barnes & Noble
I'm happy to be around books and people who love books, and to have a job. I start working. I am overwhelmed at the amount of info that I have to digest. I am slightly, okay maybe more so, upset that it doesn't come with benefits until after a year of working. I start to wonder if God knew what He was doing. I think about how the other job came with a pay starting out at a higher price than B&N, has great benefits, doesn't start until later which means more sleep, doesn't work weekends or holiday, has paid holidays, has a calm-pace atmosphere, is on a more desirable bus route, closer to home, etc etc.

So what happened? I don't know. I like working at B&N. Just thinking about how I would be working part time (20hrs. per week) just to save up for New Zealand, with a possibility of making over 6,000 in 8 months, and working almost full time at the other job and making over 11,000 on the min that they can pay...

Well, I'm a bit worried. And mad. God's making me trust HiM every step of the way and everything in me is having an issue with this.

But why?

Trust.

Like I said before. Easier said than done.

Pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. Cara,

    I completely agree with you. I feel like I spend so much energy looking forward to something. And then when it happens it feels like a big let down. Why are we always so dissatisfied?

    Oh, I know why!
    Everything we want, desire, and look forward to can only truly be satisfied by God.

    But there's a catch....

    Complete satisfaction won't happen until we are completely without sin. So for now we'll keep longing for that perfection that can only come once we leave this world. God will supply our every need, but we won't realize it nor fully appreciate it until we no longer have our sinful nature to contend with.

    So keep striving and trusting, even when the contradiction pops up in our sinful hearts.

    - Tiana

    P.S. Hurry up and write another blog entry. It's been over a week! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete